Sunday, February 14, 2010

Platinum, Mine!

There is an all-over trend of paleness in fashion right now.  Clothes, hair, make-up, it's everywhere. Light skinned people have to be especially careful not to look washed out. The secret is to know if you look better with warm or cool tones.
I look awful with yellow or warm under tones and must go to the cool side. Fortunately, very pale or platinum hair is becoming more popular. Not just the golden California girl tones, but also icey white. This trend may have been influenced by top model, Agyness Deyn.

and how about this?Anne Hathaway in Alice In Wonderland

I say fortunately because as I posted around New Year's, my hair is prematurely white. Yesterday I finally got the dyed parts bleached and toned to match my roots and I can let go of dealing with skunk-like roots every couple of weeks.
And here's what I'm wearing:
Jacket- thrifted
Shirt- Macy's like 3 or 4 years ago
Jeans- thrifted (Juicy Couture)
Belt-? Had it forever
Shoes- Marshall's
Glass Ring- handmade by an artist
Buttons- mine from the '80s

2 comments:

  1. I love it! That's my plan of attack, just stay platinum forevs, and then (hopefully like my mum!) have real white later xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great and i love the outfit you're wearing...very hip.

    ReplyDelete

Please be fabulous and leave a comment